We're new here!

Wheetwheet

Post   » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:45 pm

I just wanted to introduce myself and our piggies. Guinea Lynx has been such a huge help, especially the medical reference portion, and I finally joined!

Frb and Mini Chipper are a little over 3yo. They're grey and white speckled boars. They were the first furry friends my husband and I got together after getting married! Their brother Big Pig was so sweet. He was an American Satin, black and white, from a different litter but only a week apart. He didn't quite make it to his 3rd birthday. There was an accident and even though the vet tried different treatments, we had to choose to say goodbye to him.

I got my first piggy, Smoky, when I was 8 for my 4H Cavy project! She was a Texel with adorable pantaloon curls. 20 years later, I love guinea pigs even more and their sweet, albeit demanding, goofy, popping, lettuce-detecting personalities. My other pigs were a Teddy, American Satin, Abyssinian and American.

Frb and Mini live in a 2x8 Midwest cage. They have floor time nearly every day, waste lots of hay, and know exactly when the produce drawer opens!! Thanks for reading, and I hope you'll tell me a little about yourselves and your piggles too!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:34 pm

It sounds like you are a dedicated guinea pig lover! I have always felt the more time you spend with your pets, the more you appreciate them and enjoy their little quirks. Once earned, trust is a gift to us.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:17 pm

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to sharing cavy stories. If you wish, you can go to the Cavy Chronicles forum on this site and start a thread for your guinea pigs where you can share their every day (non medical) escapades. Pictures are especially appreciated!

Wheetwheet

Post   » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:33 pm

Hi Lynx! I agree, it seems there are new things that are special about them all the time.

Renonvsparky, thank you for telling me about Cavy Chronicles! I'll check it out!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:16 am

Welcome!

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:19 am

Yes, yes, we love pictures. :)