Riding a dream rainbow

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:06 am

daisymay was wondering what causes bloat AFTER a pet has passed. Does anyone have any ideas?

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:27 pm

It's gas. The food in the pig's digestive tract continues to ferment after death, but the gas cannot be passed since peristaltic action and other GI processes have ceased.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:09 pm

Yep. Not to put too fine a point on it, but dead bodies can explode from gas buildup inside if they're left in a heated place for long enough after death.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:00 am

Thanks for the replies GrannyJu1, mmeadows and bpatters, As some of you know it has been 12 months since we lost Jupiter, it still breaks our hearts. Well we get our piggies taxidermied(Damn lady who did Jessie and Jemma left their skulls in their body so sadly at some stage we will lose them again). Well, the new lady is still having trouble with Jupiter's insides as after 12 months they are still bloated.

We do NOT think Jupiter had bloat as she went to vet and was given the all clear just the breathing problem where she would gasp for air. Thanks again for everyone's in put. Much appreciated!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:56 am

daisymay writes:
Dear sweet Jupiter, it is so hard to come to terms with the fact you've been gone a year. Our time together went by so fast, you were only 2 when you went. But you left us so many memories and we count ourselves very lucky to have had you in our lives.

We hope you're having fun at the bridge running and popcorning and causing all sorts of mischief up at the bridge.
You left your paw print on our hearts when you left and took a part of our heart with you when you left us.

Your sister's Jaffa and Jill are well and when we hold them we think of you wishing you were here. We keep you and your memory close to our hearts and in our thoughts.

Till we meet again wee one, stay safe and be good, play with Jessie, Jemma, and Jasmine. Bless you now and forever!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:19 am

Thanks Lynx! We're struggling to come to terms with it. We think of her everyday and we ache so much to hold her and never let her go! Sweet dreams our darling girl!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:09 pm

It can be so hard to lose a beloved pet. I think when you give them so much care, you become very close. The picture you sent of her is very beautiful.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:24 pm

These sweet animals really stay with you, don't they. In my experience, losing young ones is especially hard.

Erinspigs

Post   » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:58 pm

I'm sorry daisymae, she certainly was a beauty but I know had she been an ugly duckling you would have loved her just the same. No pig could end up in a better home than yours. And though your time was short, the love you gave and received was special.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:13 am

JUPITER
15/12/2014 TO 05/02/2017

Darling angel 4 years yesterday you left us so suddenly and you were no more than 2 years old. We had hardly any time together and didn't make as many memories as we would have liked.

I will always smile with a tear in my eye when I remember how you wanted to pierce your father's ear. You became very sneaky about it and would fly at his ear so fast that 9 out of 10 times you would get it.

It is unfair our time together was so short! But sweet baby girl you were so loved and to this day so sorely missed!

Your sister Jaffa has joined you and for now we are taking care of your other sister Jill. Till we meet again baby girl you'll stay safe in our hearts and be with us always! RIP sweet darling girl!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/78312588@ ... ed-friend/ Hoping picture shows up!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:26 am

She was a beauty, and though she left after only 2 years, she was well cared for and loved during short life. Take care.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:16 am

She had adorable front paws. It's hard to take when a pig doesn't even come close to reaching an average life span. But then, it's always hard to take when you lose them after a long life & they've become so much a part of your life. It's just hard losing a pig.