Sam and Dean

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:18 pm

Tell your human he can easily grow wheat grass on a windowsill so you never have to undergo such deprivation again.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:26 pm

What a hardship!

Could you cover a section of the lawn so it doesn't get sprayed? A section that could not harbor mosquitoes?

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:29 am

What they sprayed is known as larvacide. It occurs naturally in plants and is supposed to be ineffective against eggs and fully developed insects. It is deadly only to mosquitoes in the larva stage. I just couldn't stand those little faces looking out at me saying "Papa, please". So I hand picked a bunch of grass and washed it off for the boys. What can I say? I'm an old softie 😁

Renonvsparky

Post   » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:07 pm

Dean is still a wee bit skittish, but he stopped eating just long enough to get a good photo of him getting his lap time and grass treat.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:46 pm

So cute!!!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:40 pm

We had a 4 way meet and greet on the lawn. Maybe Mr Bubbles and Scruffy aren't so bad after all. The human doesn't dare let us get together without the cage barrier. Probably a smart idea not to. We probably won't get along. We tend to argue with each other when we're outside so he has to separate us. We're good to go when were inside though. Don't ask us why. That's just the way it is. Imagine with all 4 of going at it. Not something the human wants to see.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:32 am

Secrets! You know they are sharing secrets, right?

Renonvsparky

Post   » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:36 am

Plotting to overthrow the humans

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:11 am

Ha! Never happen as long as they lack thumbs.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:30 pm

Nail trim today went well. Sammy is now my fat piggie. He's sitting at 3.06 lbs while Dean is holding steady at about 2 and a half pounds. Sammy is clearly getting more of the veggies than Dean. I'm going to have to figure out a way to balance it out. That means separate feeding. Other than that all is well with both of them.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:49 am

Poor little Sammy! I took him out of the cage when I put the food in there so Dean could get a head start on it. I made the mistake of doing it right before putting the pan in the cage. He knows what that pan is and what is in it when I bring it. I took him out of the room held him for about 10 minutes while Dean ate. He knew the whole time that food was in his cage and that he wasn't getting any because he had his bottom lip jutted out as he sniffed the air and made that sad little squeak; almost like he was crying. It was sad and funny at the same time.

Tonight, I decided to take him out before even preparing the veggies so he wouldn't know that Dean was getting his head start. That worked out much better. At least he didn't seem to be aware that the veggies had been served. He sat in my lap and was a lot calmer. After Dean got his head start, I put him in his cage and he ate. Now let's hope he doesn't figure out this new strategy. He is a smart piggie though, so he probably will. I might have to serve the veggies at random times.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:44 am

Maybe when you hold him give him a special veg treat?