Va - Rescued 3 Pigs - Wish to Find them Forever Homes

Vfrunza20

Post   » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:30 pm

Hi all,

I am an experienced guinea pig owner. I had enough room, love and supplies to temporarily take in pigs that were in horrible situations nearby my area.

I found 3 piggies on Craigslist that were living in the smallest of cages, no fresh water or food or hay. I decided to rescue them to make sure that they could learn what pig life is really supposed to be. My goal is to rehabilitate them and rehome them appropriately. I picked them up on 1/24/20.

Since the inexperienced owner put a male and female together, I confirmed she is pregnant. I have experience with this so made sure she got the larger cage to herself and made sure I accommodated her situation. So far shes doing great and is so happy to not be chased and bothered all day long with no where to hide. I plan to keep her through her pregnancy so as to reduce and stress. I know to remove any male babies at 3 weeks old.

I have 2 males in separate cages, they do NOT get along. The black male (2 lbs) would need to be the only male as I dont see him getting along with any other males. Hes very skiddish but as I work with him he is getting more used to humans. His name is Bruno and I would love to find him a home but new owner will have to provide proof of correct cage setup and there is a small rehoming fee.

I will see if I can find him a home first and then go from there. I just want to make sure I do my due diligence with new owner and this is my first time on this site so seeing how it goes!

Thank you very much for reading!

Victoria

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:20 pm

If you are looking for a home for the male right now, you might want to put up a picture (it must be hosted on another site, like www.flickr.com ).

Perhaps your veterinarian would allow you to put up an "adoption" picture, if he/she has a community news area. Also, if there are local rescues, see if they have any ideas.

Vfrunza20

Post   » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:08 pm

Thank you for the information. I figured if someone was interested we could always communicate through personal email but again new to this site!

I'm definitely researching other ways to get the information out there. All that matters is they're safe, happy and healthy until I can find them forever homes.